Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Plants

Hello,

All large house plants are now inside. I was going to bring the small ones in this morning but it was so much warmer out that I just left them on the porch and deck to enjoy a few more days of the outdoors. They are debugged as much I can see anyway, pruned, and watered lightly. I expect to take clippings from the impatiens and the coleus. If I do not get that done before our trip my landlady assures me that she will do it for me. I did so enjoy those plants last year as the impatiens bloomed almost all winter and the coleus added another color to the environment.

Leroy again went to the community garden last night and pulled up all the cucumber vines. He took the garden cart over because it is easier to haul a large load such a distance. He almost filled both of our yard waste containers that will be picked up on Wednesday. Sunday afternoon we will probably again work in the garden. Then we need to work in the garden in Ely. I will go there after work on Thursday. For sure I will pick the last of the peppers. Maybe I will even pull a few weeds and tired plants.

Leroy and I have been asked to be in charge of the community garden next summer. Will we be here? Who knows? I think we are expecting to be here by the way we talk. However, our lives have changed on short notice from time to time so it might be something different.

My co worker did indeed show me how to get the book I borrowed from the library onto the Kindle. More of that learning. As she kindly said, “It probably would have been easier for you if it was your own and you were setting it up from the beginning.” I love kindness.

Paula

No comments: