Friday, August 2, 2013

Yoga

Hello,

I am leading a yoga session once a week at the library. My work schedule is Monday and Tuesday afternoon/evening and Thursday morning. Because I was not sure that I wanted to stay late on the night times. I come in early Thursday morning. Three people have told me they would like to come, but can not at that time. My boss would also like to have me do some more times. She suggested that on the Tuesday night when I have a co worker with me would be a possibility. I now realize that it would be difficult to do it every week because when we work on Saturday we do not work on Tuesday. So there goes two Tuesday s a month, one for her and one for me. Then there are some organizations that use the meeting room once a month. How could such a thing be so complicated? Because I am not paid for this venture I am not generous enough to drive down when I am not working. Course it is not totally a gift. This encouraging others helps to keep me on task. I even did yoga on my own this morning.

Leroy and I had gotten out of the habit of walking, but we are trying to get back to that morning walk first thing because I read that it sets the circadian rhythm. What will happen as when it is dark as we get up, I do not know. We have both noticed that we are more alert in the morning. I might be sleeping better, but who knows?

Last night we ate almost entirely from one garden or the other with only milk, bread, and pinto beans coming from another source. We even used the mint that my sister had given us to flavor our cucumber salad. I consider this living high on the zucchini. Speaking of zucchini, I again saw a pair of copulating bugs that I told delight in killing. Afterwards I noticed all of the eggs on the leaves so I know I was too late to prevent the death of the last zucchini plant. The watermelon looks good. My garden owner says we must protect the four melons from the groundhog or other predator. We will have to work on that. I realize that wild creatures have to eat too, but I wish they would find another source.
I also have to confess that I am not sure when to pick the melons. I know this is a smaller variety, but how small, how large should it be?


Paula

No comments: