Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Leroy's ride

Hello,

Leroy had left for work, I settled in the living room to drink my tea, and shuffled my schedule around in my head when I heard the door being unlocked. “Why would he be back so soon?” I wondered as I called out hopefully, “Leroy?”

What would I have done if Leroy had not answered? I am not sure, but my heart would have had some serious trouble.

“Yes,” he answered and added as he came into view, “I flipped my bike.”

He looked very normal, but I asked, “Did you hurt your leg?” when I noticed a bit of limping.

I helped him clean his scraped leg, put on antibiotic cream followed by three large bandages. “I am so glad I was wearing a helmet as I bumped my head rather hard.” Leroy said.

“How did this happen?” I wanted to know.

“I was crossing the railroad tracks and a semi was coming. I did not pay enough attention to the road and got caught in the tracks.”

“Did the semi stop?” I wanted to know.

“Yes he stopped and asked if I was alright,” he replied.

Leroy then drove to work. Tonight he was tired and sore. I suspect he was in shock from the way he was acting this morning. He took a nap this evening and seems much better now.


Paula

No comments: