Monday, August 12, 2013

More Car Repair

Hello,

Leroy decided to keep on a roll in tending to cars. He took the older car in for an alignment test and the result of that was that it needs new struts. The question becomes should we put so much money into this car or just let it go. It is a 1999 and has 151,000 miles on it. Decisions, decisions! Leroy likes this car, it runs well, and we have the money to repair it. On the flip side we consider: it might be fun to have a newer car, should we just have one car, or should we buy a car when Leroy is unsure of his job future?

Without really speaking with each other we are leaning towards getting the repairs done. It is certainly cheaper than a new car. Leroy is trying to get estimates from other repair places to try to learn the going rate in this area. Leroy would really like it if he were rich enough to just hire someone to take care of our transportation needs and not bother him. I figure I do not need that as I have him doing it, sort of.

I am pleased with myself as we needed to load a new antivirus package on the computer this morning. We share the package with Brian. He had sent me the information. One of his suggestions was that we delete the old program. I did not know how to do that so Leroy talked me through it. Then it was on to the install. Leroy could not figure out how to do that, but I tried a different click and it worked. Such a sense of accomplishment comes from some of the smallest moves.

I also canned some bread and butter pickles this morning. It has been years since I have done such. It only required two phone calls to my sister for advice. Isn’t it great that long distance fees to not apply? But maybe the down side is that I might seek help from someone closer thus forming more ties to people living close to me.


Paula

No comments: