Sunday, August 25, 2013

Shopping

Hello,

Thursday evening Leroy and I had planned to watch a TV program. It came in but then disappeared in a spreadsheet of mismatched lines and intermittent sound. “Are you ready to get a new TV now?” Leroy demanded.

“Yes,” I replied.

Leroy leapt on that and scheduled a shopping, purchasing trip on Saturday morning. Saturday morning I was ready, but first I canned some bread and butter pickles as well as nine pints of green beans. Leroy helped me with all of that. A load of clothes was washed and hung out. I might even be relieved when winter comes and the garden is closed.

At the store whose TVs we have visited in the past, we bought a TV after we learned that we had some deals that went with it. The lure was strong making easy the decision to buy a 32 inch smart TV that is smarter than we are.

Leroy already knows a lot about it and I just let him have at it. I am not sure that I can access anything yet on my own. He was able to set up the WI-FI connection, but cannot seem to figure out how to browse the web as he does not know how to make the keyboard appear on the screen.

At least he was able to pull in a number of TV channels and we can watch a DVD. He just asked, “How did I get to that thing in the first place?”

Learning, learning, all the time there is learning.

Leroy needed a new bike helmet as his visor snapped off his as well as a small crack appeared. Before he fell he had been talking about getting a new one, but this cemented the idea. He is in good shape now with just a few small aches and pains.


Paula

No comments: