Friday, August 16, 2013

Leroy's day off

Hello,

Leroy took the day off because he is working tomorrow. We did nothing exciting, but some necessary items. The second car is now tuned, strutted, and aligned. The bill was less than expected because we had a coupon for 10 % off as well as using the credit card gave us some credit. Nice and nice. Now we feel that the cars are ready to run for a time without attention.

I am considering riding my bike to work tomorrow. I will have to take an hour and a half, but I think I can do it as I start work at nine and finish at four so daylight will be with me. Will strength remain? Who knows? Now I must figure out how to pack my lunch. I believe that I will skip taking milk as I am afraid it might tip and spill. I have a glass with a lid, but it is wedged upright in my lunch box. This is exciting to consider doing something new and different.

Leroy helped me with shopping today. He volunteered to carry things for me so that was very nice. We even stopped at Goodwill looking for better fitting jeans for him. He did not find that as one pair was too short and one was too baggy, but found a jacket and a shirt so he was pleased.

I stopped at the community garden this afternoon, but someone had already been there so I only came home with two cucumbers. We are growing soybeans and I keep checking on them as if I know what I am doing. At least I have eaten edamame so I have some idea about the finished product. I declare that they need to grow some more as they are quite flat pods.

My last zucchini plant is still alive even though it seems to be finished producing zucchini. We have had a great return from those plants. We are eating tomatoes, onions, peppers, cucumbers, and basil from the gardens. We are blessed. Then there are all those mulberries in the freezer to toss on cereal. Such blessings!


Paula

No comments: