Friday, August 9, 2013

change is the constant

Hello,

I have had just two participants at my yoga sessions. We had gotten along splendidly and settled into a routine. Luckily my boss told me that two more people signed up and would be coming to this week’s practice so I prepared accordingly. A woman called and asked if she could bring her two children. After some discussion I decided that would be ok. Before I started class there were a total of eight participants. So that number included three walk-ins. Even though this room held 170 for a program it was full with the nine of us spread out on the floor. I know of one more person who tells me that she will be coming in the near future.

Those five and seven year old children were so good that I mostly forgot they were in the room. Before we started, their mother told them, “You cannot talk unless there is blood.” Somehow I suspect the threat was unnecessary.

I did not know how these new people would manage as five of them had never done any yoga and a couple had bad knees. One new woman goes to yoga quite regularly. This is stretching my leading ability. But one woman told me I did a good job and three of them asked if we could meet more than once a week. My boss and I are talking about how to make that possible so that I would not have to drive an additional time. I do not mind volunteering, but I am unwilling to pay for the gas. Flexibility, flexibility!

Leroy decided it was his turn to get the collage and take it to work. He passed it at a staff meeting. One other staff person said, “I object to the title as these are not necessarily the best kids. My grandchildren are the best kids.” I had made the title “The Best Kids”. Leroy said, “I do not take the blame for that as my wife did it.” I still think they are the best kids. Would I think more or less of them if they were closer and I saw them frequently?


Paula

No comments: