Friday, August 3, 2012

Visitors


Hello,

Miriam and her girls are coming to visit next week. I am excited. It was in 2009 when they last visited my home. I hardly know what to do as I am certainly out of practice for a weeklong visit. Because the grandchildren have come so seldom, I do not have many toys or games for them. It seems not worth the effort to “haul” them around on our moves plus tastes change with age hence making it difficult to have the right things.

I have also planned two away from home activities for them and they will be going to visit some other people in the area. Part of me is afraid the time will just fly by and I will wonder what has happened to it.

Leroy is going to take some time off and I will only take one day off as their schedule fits my days off quite well.

They will come next Thursday. Even though that is so far from now I went grocery shopping this morning and bought a number of things in anticipation. After they are here I will probably have to get some more things as I did not buy any meat and they do eat that.

I had hoped to pick up the picture that was being framed, but no such luck. He said they were expecting a shipment of the glass that is needed. It should probably be done today, but I am not sure that I want to go back again even though it is not that far. I do not like to make trips for just one thing.

Tomorrow the museum is having a thank you for the volunteers. It is at 11:00 in the morning. Leroy is going also. We plan on riding our bikes. I hope I am not so very sweaty when I get there as it is to be hot once again. I have not ridden the bike since I volunteered there. The heat just keeps me more confined even though I do try to walk many days.

Paula

No comments: