Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Car Fixed


Hello,

When Miriam and the girls were here the car windows stopped going up and down. Luckily they stopped in the up position. Leroy took the fuse out, had it checked, and learned it was ok. All of this happened in Ely where we could use our old car repair guy. He said he no longer did such repairs, but recommended a place that is about two blocks from us.

Not only is this place close, but we are hoping for reliable and inexpensive. I look for cheap, but I also want it to be fair to them. Leroy and I had talked this morning about it costing a few hundred dollars. Pleasant surprise! It should be about $150.

This guy commented that someone had repaired this before, but had not done a good job setting it up for breaking once more. Last time three wires broke and this time there were seven broken. Apparently the door puts stress on the wires and the wires are too thin. This man blames the source of the wire which is some foreign country. I personally blame the manufacturer who, I would imagine, is in charge of the product. I also wonder about the design having flaws.

Anyway I feel blessed to have it fixed for much less than Leroy and I had considered. I am just now waiting for the place to call so I can walk over and get it.

This morning is not such a busy time as I am reading and making bread. One of the great things about bread is that it takes care of itself much of the time. I just have to be around to attend to it periodically.

It is warmer again these days, but the nights are cool giving us another blessing and something for which to be grateful.

Paula

No comments: