Thursday, August 2, 2012

Good Deal


Hello,

Leroy needed to bring a food dish to a farewell for the interns at his work place. He asked, “Should I sign up for fruit?”

He knows me well in this area, “Sure,” I said, knowing that I had plenty of watermelon available. I could just go to the Hy-vee up the street to buy some cantaloupe. Yesterday in the midday heat I headed off to the store. The sign announced that the melons were on a sale of two for four dollars. I smelled many, checked the stem ends, finally selected one, and took it to the check out. There the price turned out to be 2.99. I did not say anything, but I could not remember seeing a sign indicating that two must be purchased to get that lower price. Once home I looked at the ad and it did not state more than one must be bought.

Today I went back to the store, register slip in hand and inquired. I learned that my melon should indeed have been $2.00; consequently my melon was free as per the store policy. I did ask about the idea that I should have bought two and the guy replied, “We never do that.” He then told the other worker to refund my money while he went back to produce. I commented that I should go get another melon. There was a police man standing there and he laughed saying, “Whatever you bought I want one too.”

Back in the produce area, I thanked the guy for the refund and said, “I am buying another melon.”

“I will go change the charge,” he said as he started moving away.

“It is alright, I will not ask for this again.” I told him”.

“Just tell them the right price when you check out,” he smiled, “because I cannot get there right away.”

I found another nice smelling, good looking melon. In the end I got two melons for the bargain price of two for $2.

Paula

No comments: