Sunday, August 26, 2012

Phone


Hello,

I was all set to brag about how great our non land line, land line phone is, but it is not working now. I tried various things including calling the number with my cell phone. I was able to leave a message, but not talk to myself. Now I tried to use the Internet and learned that internet is down. Since we have been here from the middle of March I think it has been down three times, once for at least three or four days. Otherwise the phone has worked quite well. I personally have found it to be freeing.

On a totally different note, last evening Leroy and I walked to the local grocery story for watermelon and toilet paper. Leroy packed the watermelon in the backpack and I carried the toilet paper since it was 12 rolls and too large for a bag. Both items were on sale, of course. On the way home Leroy claimed to be tired so we rested in a small park where he could sit on the table bench and rest his backpack on the table top without taking the bag off. While sitting there, a small girl came along on a bike that had seats in the back that were filled with two kids who appeared to larger than she was. She stopped and could not get going again. As we went past I told her, “Put your feet on the pedals, and I will give a push.”

She did that and made quite a lot of progress. We went past the house that was close and I said to the four people sitting on the porch, “I hope that was alright that I pushed her since she seemed to need help.”

After an affirmative response, one of them said, “We could use some of that paper you are carrying.”

“Really?” I asked.

“Yes,” was the reply, so I opened the package, took out a roll and threw it to them.

We all had a good laugh about it. I wondered should I go around the neighborhood spreading goodwill by throwing around toilet paper.

At home we weighed the watermelon and it clocked in at 18.4 pounds. Guess Leroy had every right to be tired.

Paula

No comments: