Saturday, August 4, 2012

Rain


Hello,

We got almost an inch of rain. Neither of us can remember getting more than a half inch this summer. Such a blessing! It also cooled down the heat so that we do not have the air conditioning pouring out that frigid cold dry air.

Leroy and I both rode our bikes to the museum. It turned out to be not such a big deal and we could have stayed home, but we did not know. I did get to tour the two galleries that I had not been in before. However since we have a family membership I could have gone free at anytime. We were visiting with one of his co-workers in the library and she commented on how dark it was getting outside. At that point we decided to come home and hopefully beat the advancing storm. About three blocks from home I started to feel drops that kept increasing in small increments. It was still quite fine by the time that we got in the garage. The garage is not attached to the house so we still did not slow down and made it inside before there was a release of the clouds wonderful gift.

I had decided that we should plant some things for a fall garden. Leroy dutifully went out and started digging up the dry tough sod in one more place by the house. It was such hard work that he only got a four foot square done before I begged him to quit. There were even pieces of cement in the mix along with some rocks, but no discernible moisture. Regretfully we did not get anything planted, thinking we would do it later. At least now the land has had a small drink, hopefully making it easier to stir up.

More fall veggies are in my mind, but I do not know where to put them. We will have to think outside of the box or lawn or something. There will be a place for them, right?

Paula

No comments: