Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Cars


Hello,

I have been driving both cars. Most of the time I drive “my” car which is the Saturn. Leroy does not like the shifting pattern so it became my car. It is the newer car so we tend to drive it on trips. Leroy does ok, but there is always an adjustment. It is a bit different, but I am comfortable with it. The Saturn is the newer car however some might consider it old because it is a 2004. Just to keep the battery charged in the 1999 Hyundai, I drive it once a week. Because it does not have keyless entry I take it to work rather than go shopping with it when I might get in and out four times.

Because of this I have discovered that it is much easier to park in Leroy’s side of the garage due to turning angles.  On my side I must keep a careful eye on both sides of the car as I have to come in at an angle that is not my choice. I suppose I could back up and straighten it, but perhaps I like the thrill and daring of barely missing the sides of the garage with the bumper on the driver’s side and the rearview mirror on the passenger side. My side of the garage, however, has the electric garage door opener. That opener now only works to raise the door rather than lower it. Lowering requires holding down the button until the door gets to the fully closed position. This situation is to be fixed soon, but in the meantime I must pull the car out, go back in the garage, hold the button, and then get back in the car to leave. As with many things in life there are pluses and minuses.

Certainly a plus for this Saturn is the gas mileage. The last time I checked it with just driving to work and the occasional shopping trip, the mpg was 33+ and if one added in the 12 miles that I drove before I remember to set the trip odometer it was a bit over 34 mpg. We thanked the car for doing so well. We are certainly pleased with another blessing in our lives. We only have to fill up once a month because Leroy is riding the bike and just using the car for my work and shopping. That is very nice indeed.

Paula

No comments: