Monday, August 20, 2012

sleeping


Hello,

When the girls were here they slept on an air mattress in Granny and Grandpa’s room. They felt more secure with us and we enjoyed having them in the room. It made for a little more excitement than our lives usually hold.

They often had a bit of a tussle when getting to sleep, but then Leroy and I were not bothered as we were still awake. In the night there would still be a certain amount of talking and sparing. “Olivia, you are crowding me,” Nora whined. When I looked over and down, I saw that Olivia was clinging to the edge of the bed and Nora was pushing on her. Nora seemed to be especially active chattering in the night. I believe that she was talking in her sleep. I do not know if I still do that, but I know that I did when I was growing up. One night my mother related that she came to our room, my sister and I slept together, to tell us to be quiet and found it was just me talking away.

One other night when the girls went to sleep or bed at the same did we did, Leroy immediately started snoring gently, or I thought it was gentle. Olivia asked, “Is there a bear in here?”

“No that is Grandpa,” I chuckled.

“Oh,” Nora said, “we thought it was a live bear, and it is just Grandpa.”

We all laughed as quietly as we could as I told Grandpa to, “roll over.”

We have gone back to much quieter nights now that we are alone.

Paula

No comments: