Monday, November 15, 2010

Thanksgiving plans

Hello,

We are going to Brian, Jen, and Sophia’s house for thanksgiving. Yes. I am looking forward to that. Saturday Brian told us they do not have plans and they do not want to travel as Jen is expecting a baby in March and is uncomfortable with stomach issues. We are welcome to come to their house so we are traveling on Thursday as Leroy works Wednesday night. We will be there Friday, and come home Saturday. Leroy will be working on Sunday. He tells me that is not much sermon prep time. He also has an appointment for Saturday afternoon that is trying to change to later in the day or even Sunday. It is a faster trip than most, but better than none.

We had made plans with Leroy’s sister to work at the community thanksgiving meal, but we are ditching them since we are only fifteen miles away from them. That means we can get together anytime, but will we do it? That is the real question.

The coughing is no longer so bad for me, but still occurs everyday. My throat is irritated and today I am losing my voice meaning that silence reigns in this house. Leroy seems to dislike having a monologue. I am ready to be done with this malaise. It just hangs on without being a huge thing, but drags me down.

One deer was out while we were this morning. As I am dragging along a respectful ten paces behind Leroy, he finally turned around and said, “I worry about you.” I felt reassured that he had noticed that I was unable to keep up his fast pace.

The sun was shinning so I hung out clothes. My fingers were chilled to the bone when finished. Leroy came home for lunch and he told me that it was sprinkling a little. We dashed out and got all clothes off the lines and into the dryer. Then the sun came back out. Such fickle fall weather.

Paula

No comments: