Thursday, November 11, 2010

biking Days

Hello,

Biking days are over for a time for me. I rode wearing shorts and short sleeves the first three days of this week in the unseasonably warm weather. It was great to be able to do that, but it is much cooler now. Leroy and I walked this morning. I still might go out and see what the bike odometer says for the distance that we walked. My pedometer says it was only about a mile, however it took us almost 30 minutes and I know that Leroy walks fast as he often pulls out ahead of me. My breathing is not yet back to normal so I do slow the pace some, but surely not that much.

In spite of cooler temperatures I still see many people (99% men) out using the Frisbee golf course in the park. There are apparently 18 holes so I surely do not see all of the people. I had no idea it is such a popular sport. I am glad to see it as people do a lot of walking to get around the entire place. Good exercise for them and great to be outside with no golf carts transporting them.

As we are now walking in the morning light we have seen deer almost every day this week. That says they were there before just hidden in the darkness. A couple of them have nice antlers.

On All Saints Sunday they had a cross set up in which people could place lit candles in memory of their loved ones. It was touching and I noticed several tears. One thing about moving around to so many churches we see many different ways of doing things. One thing is constant. The comment, “But we have always done it that way.” That tradition gives it solidarity in their minds even though not necessarily in ours because we can think of other possibilities.

Paula

No comments: