Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Greetings

Hello,

Today a greeter for Des Moines County visited me. Why this is Des Moines County and the city of Des Moines is in Polk County is not in my handy bag of information.

This gracious woman welcomed me to the area. She came supplied with offers and deals from local health care people as well as merchants. There were even a few little gifts such as glasses cleaner, glasses cleaning cloth, and a glasses case. Does this eye doctor want me to come? One of the chiropractors sent along a key chain, another sent a pen, and a third a sample of pain relief ointment.

I can now get free haircuts and styles from two places. The third salon has a special offer on hair color, highlights, perm, or a free eyebrow job with a haircut. This should keep me looking good for a few days.

If we had not already gotten our symphony tickets we could have had a free concert. Another musical series, more Broadway type things is offering a free concert or two season tickets at half price.

Then there is a free oil change. Another store offered $5 off on any purchase of $10 or more.

My old friends, Hy-Vee, gave a box of salt along with a coupon for free Pepsi, free box of ice cream, and a free bouquet of flowers the flowers seem to be the best fit, but I will enjoy the ice cream too. Leroy, unwilling to let me eat it alone said, “I can take a pill and have some too.” We are not sure what do with the Pepsi since neither of us drinks it. “Surely, you can think of something to do with it at church,” I suggested.

We do have to go three different weeks to get these free items as they want to have us visit the store and pick up six things that were not on the list.

Now if it had been free soy milk we would have been happy as clams. Speaking of soy, another store also offered a free soy candle. There were some other things, but I can not think of them right now. Oh and a green house wants to give me a plant. I was pleased. Gifts out of the blue are nice.

My welcomer did tell me that this is her own business. She worked for Welcome Wagon some years ago, but they closed.

Paula

No comments: