Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Cleaned Upstairs

Hello,

I cleaned upstairs this morning. Mostly I did it because there were some dust bunnies and lint on the floor when we gave our company the house tour. It was embarrassing to see that. Then I found that Leroy noticed it too. Oh, no that is really bad. Now this cleaning job adds new meaning to the phrase about closing the barn door when the horse is gone.

There was a good assortment of those Asian beetles to vacuum up. The warmth of the last few days has encouraged them to come in and enjoy the house. I am thankful that I have a vacuum. I broom does not work as well with them as they seem to fall apart with too much pressure and if they are still alive they escape to show up in another place. Perhaps now that colder temperatures are here we have seen the last of those beetles until spring.

The vacuum cam out, rugs were shaken, and all looks better. I feel better both physically and mentally. I had to sit and rest in the middle of the job, otherwise it went well. Before this I simply did not have the energy to tackle any job that required more than a minimum amount of strength. The coughing had mostly subsided, but all was still not well as lethargy hung around. Leroy too tells me that I am acting much more lively than I have for a long time. Where do these bugs come from that they stay and take up residence? Couldn’t they move on to another victim? Or just live and die in a faster cycle. I used to think that a week was the maximum for any disease to hang around.

Today, I am making whole wheat bread as well as some sweet bread that has cranberries in it. I have gotten several bags of the berries since they are a seasonal item. I like to put them in things where I do not have to add so much sugar to the mix. I even cut the sugar in the recipe. We will see if Leroy and I just pucker up all the time.


Paula

No comments: