Friday, November 12, 2010

Struggles Overcome

Hello,

Yesterday afternoon it was warm enough that I hopped on the bike and rode around the route we walked that morning. It was more than a mile and in fact it was 1.75 miles. So that was a bit better to get that done in 30 minutes. Unfortunately Leroy could go faster without me. Fortunately I am good company.

This morning we went to a hardware store because they sent us a coupon for 10% off any purchase because we are new in the neighborhood. Of course we had to use that. It took a bit of walking around this warehouse type space to find a few things to purchase. Then it was off to the grocery store for a fairly quick pick up as I had an abbreviated list.

Leroy had broken a guitar string before he even got started tuning and he wanted to buy some of the current stamps for his collection. Both of those stops are downtown. Since the library is near by we went there too.

“Goodness,” Leroy exclaimed on the way home, “it is almost noon.”

I glanced at the clock in the car and saw that it was indeed. “Well shopping always takes longer than I think it will,” I sympathized.

I rushed around in the house putting things away, Leroy helped with that, and starting to organize lunch.

Then I looked at the clock. “It is just about 11:00,” I said, “the car clock is still on daylight savings time.”

After putting away lunch things I went out to reset the car clock. I pushed the button that I thought would do it and no luck. Then I pushed another likely button only to have the screen display state that all cd’s would be ejected. In short order I was grabbing and spreading six cds on the driver’s seat. When I tried to read the instruction manual the light in the car kept going out and I did not think to just flip the switch to leave it on.

Leroy came out with a basket of clothes so I stopped doing the irritating thing and took on a task that is totally familiar. When the clothes were hung up I went back to the car.

I solved the problem of having the inside light stay on, read the instructions, and grumbled under my breath since that is what I had first pushed. None the less, I gave it another chance and it preformed admirably. Time is set. Now on to the task of getting the cds loaded again. I remembered which button was needed for that and as soon as it told me to load I did. So now we can drive the car again with music playing and schedules accurate.

However the time is still wrong on the bike computer. We have no instructions for that since it is new and we were not given any. They are probably on the internet. I will not ride it much in these darker shorter days so I may just leave it the way it is, although I have been sure I was late for something one day.

Paula

No comments: