Friday, November 5, 2010

Parking in the Garage

Hello,

The saying, “pride goes before the fall” seems to apply to me more and more. I would have said that between Leroy and I, I was the better at lining the car up in a parking space. We now have a two car garage for only the third time that we have experienced in all these moves we have made in our lives. This one is just a little trickier to get into because you have to turn a corner just as you pull in. we both used to do a great job when it was a straight shot. Neither car nor the garage has been damaged, yet. We are not close to that, but getting into or out of the car that is on the right side can be a problem. I said I would take that side because Leroy tends to drive more to the left on the road and I favor the right. No politics here just how we see down the road. If the other car is in the garage I do a fairly good job of getting in the right place without taking off the side mirror on the garage door, however it is another matter when the garage is empty of cars. For some reason then I want to take the middle ground. More than once I have had to back out get straight with the world and pull in again. More new skills to learn! Will it never stop?

All this time Leroy has been driving in the garage without so much as an inch of trouble. Where did that spatially challenged guy go? We are grateful for a garage to park cars in.

Yesterday, because of frost warnings, I went out and picked the last of the mint leaves to dry for tea. The bread was out of the oven. There had been a bit of time with the oven door open so it seemed cool to me. Well I can now tell you from personal experience that burned mint leaves do not make the best tea. Another lesson learned, surely my brain is expanding at a great rate.

Paula

No comments: