Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Feeling Better

Hello,

I feel better today than I have for some time. My voice is better than yesterday. The number of coughing fits is less and the strength has diminished. Maybe it is because of that great cheery greeter yesterday or maybe it is because I have done some of the things I am always telling Leroy to do when he has a head issue. Just in case you would like to apply them yourself they are: gargle with warm/hot salt water, rinse the sinus, drink more fluids. I did all of that yesterday with some religious devotion. Previously I had attended to some of these things, but very sporadically. After all I did not really feel too bad. I am also running a humidifier downstairs and that might be helping as well. Health is really a mystery, especially when I change several variables at once.

Leroy noted this morning that the park looks so different with most of the leaves gone. Where it had once seemed that we were secluded and cut off from the rest of the world there is a house just a little ways through the trees. Illusions, illusions! We also walked to a different overlook of the Mississippi that was very nice. We had been there once before and not been particularly taken with it. Again the lack of leaves gave us a much broader view.

Those Frisbee players were out there again. I should just wait until it snows and check about them then. Yesterday there were kids using the skateboard/bike ramps. I am impressed with all of the things they can do with those little bikes as they careen up the sides and bang to a stop at the top only to whirl around and do it again in another direction. Here I am just happy to stay upright with my bike on the straight road. Guess I do not have enough testosterone, but all of that does look exciting.

Paula

No comments: