Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Yoga Helps

Hello,

I do not admit to feeling upset about our life’s lack of future clarity, but it feels so good when I go to yoga. Part of the reason is concentration on the movements blocks out other thoughts.

Leroy said one of his ears was plugged yesterday. Today both ears are full but there is no pain. He wonders could it be earwax or something in the middle ear. It would be nice to be able to look in there and say yes or no to the earwax.

We have used up the last jar of home canned applesauce. There is one more jar of pickles and four jars of pumpkin yet to be consumed. Before moving I like to use up things so there is less to deal with. The last package of toilet paper was opened this morning. When I bought that package I scolded myself, “Surely we will not be here long enough to use it.” It was a necessary purchase after all. Some of it will be moved, but that is good to have some available when we arrive in our new digs.

When questioned about a job Leroy replied, “I do not mind if I do not have a job and we could take a month off. But the best would be knowing we have a job starting when we are done being on vacation.”

Everyday I write in my devotions that “I trust God for today.” Just yesterday I decided that I needed to write “I trust God with my future.”

It is going to storm here as it is to in much of Iowa. I am grateful that I have managed to get in two walks that added up to more than two miles. I am glad to get out. In some ways it does not seem right that we walk very easily in the snow storms and not in the rain storms where we are not in danger, but can be uncomfortable.

Paula

No comments: