Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mowing

Hello,

After being gone for the weekend, waiting for dry grass, and sickness, Leroy finally mowed the lawn. But before he got done he had a flat tire on the riding mower. Now the problem is that he does not know how to get the tire off or where to buy a tire. He called the owner of the mower, but he was not home so now he is taking some time off and reading a book.

I should get out there and rake up the grass. It was truly long. It will make good mulch around the flowers. Impatiens and Wandering Jew are planted in the shaded back area. Only six marigolds are in the front stuck between the geraniums that were kept over the winter. One woman kept six of them hanging upside down in her basement. One of the six died before it came back to me and another has died at my house. The other four are making an effort to live, but it is almost painful to watch as their stick arms try to put out leaves. I wish that I had just broken off some branches and stuck them in water. Seems those would have done better. It was a sad time putting out all these plants as I will not be here to see just how well they do.

The big old soft maple tree is struggling to produce leaves. The shade under it is quite thin. I miss that as it is hard to know where to put any of my house plants.

I should be packing, but have not been able to make much headway. Leroy packed all of the pictures that we did not get hung on the wall in this house. He tried to take some of those that were hanging, but I would not let him. I figure that I will be here for another month and I do not want to look at bare walls. Packing would be more exciting if I knew where we were going. Guess I do like to know the plan even if I do not like to plan.

Paula

No comments: