Thursday, May 27, 2010

Small things

Hello,

New bicycle handle bars allow me to sit up straighter and see the road and traffic more easily. It is probably not at the height of bike fashion, but what a difference it makes to me. I never knew that I was straining so much to be able to tell what was in front of me. Because of extreme nearsightedness, I had to cock my head up sharply to get the distance in focus. Now I can just sit there and see. What a blessing. How many thousand miles have I ridden the other way and thought I was having a good time? I also have a new bike computer that I can read easily because it has large digits. Even though it was the cheapest one in the shop it even has the time on it so I do not need to try to see my watch. I did not need many functions. I just want to know how fast I am going and how far I have gone. To complete the improvement we, I include Leroy here, need to figure out if I should buy a new mirror or can there be a better way to attach it on this shorter handle bar.

One of the people in the yoga group became quite interested in my mola (a fabric picture) and she started making them. She gave me one as a gift. I am quite pleased with it. I hung it in the kitchen for the brief time that we have left here.

The bone density scan showed that my bone density has improved. However I am to still take the medicine. I was hoping it would be so good that I could stop doing that.

Just look at all the blessings in my life. Pressed down and running over. It continues in ways I can not imagine. Small things but huge impact for delight in each day.

Paula

No comments: