Monday, May 10, 2010

Moving

Hello,

All of the details of our move are not in place yet, but we know in our hearts that it will happen in June. The congregation has not yet voted on the candidate. That will happen May 23. We expect, as do most, that it will be a vote to accept this person. At this point it would seem that June will be moving time, just when we are not sure. We also have no idea where we will go. We trust that God has something that will be the best place for us.

This afternoon Leroy and I spent some time in the basement packing canning jars and dealing with the first series of moving questions. Should I really move canning jars? Will I have a garden again? Would it be better to just not move the jars and buy new ones? Or know that jars will find me as so many good things just find me?

We also have two boxes of give away items. More will probably find their way into those boxes. In time a third box might join the two. Lifting, packing, and lifting again all change the value of an item.

Today we cut open a perfect mango. It was delicious. Two more are now upstairs. Leroy said as he carried them up, “I think one of these is also ready right now.” Maybe we will have to freeze some of them, but then we can eat quite a bit of fruit if we set our sights on the goal.

Tonight we have a choir picnic. Surely it will be indoors as there is rain and a strong wind whirling outside the window. I had planned to take a cold salad, but I think I will take a hot vegetable instead. Leroy and I will need to drive over there even thought it is less than a mile away. Leroy already got the car out for a trip to the library today. It almost seems sinful since we rarely walk there, but it is very uncomfortable to walk in rain that wets your legs to the knees.

Paula

No comments: