Tuesday, May 11, 2010

No packing today

Hello,

I believe I will have plenty of time to pack later, or else it is just a procrastinating ploy. Today I was gone most of the morning and I did not feel like it in the afternoon.

Picking up sticks seemed like a better occupation. There were no very large branches, but enough that it is not good to mow over. That took up quite a bit of time this afternoon. Even though we had over an inch of rain yesterday the scraggly geraniums closer to the west side of the house did not get wet. So some time was spent dragging out the hose, watering, and putting the hose back.

It was also fun to see the baby robins stick their heads above the rim of the nest. There might be four of them in there. I would like to see their first flying attempts.

Leroy did pack up two boxes of books in his office. He tells me there are probably about three more boxes yet to back. That makes his book supply small for a pastor even though he has added to it since we have been here. Books are heavy and not as much fun to move as are lampshades or pillows.

Each month I track what we have spent so I did that for April since we can’t spend anymore in that time zone. Because we had to pay estimated taxes we spent more than Leroy earned in the month, but some of it was paid for by the tax rebate so it all worked out just fine. Actually those estimated taxes are something that we save for all the time so they are no longer an issue each quarter.

The Clivia has seed pods on it, but only one of them is very big and I am pondering what that means. I did see that someone was selling the seeds on the internet for $5. Maybe I should offer the big one on EBay? Would one of you like it for the joy of trying to grow it?

Paula

No comments: