Thursday, May 6, 2010

Busy Life

Hello,

Leroy is busy and I am not. I am caught in limbo reading books and avoiding packing. I will start after the weekend. We are having company and I do not want to have so many boxes sitting around. Honestly I do not want to have boxes sitting around. I can surely pack in a hurry since I have had so much practice.

Brian and Jen got rid of a perennial flower garden in their back yard. Neither of them is filled with a desire to work in such. It was taken out last fall. I noticed several small plants coming up that I thought must be good stuff. After carefully digging them up they are now planted in the front of the house here. I must confess that I do not know what they are, but given their location sun must be their choice. Sun is what they will get here.

This weekend I will set out some flowers in the flowerbeds around the house. I can not enjoy them long, but maybe somewhere someone is planting flowers for me. I can always hope. Hope is free and easy; there is no point in tamping it down.

Leroy planted lettuce, but not a sprig do we see. I think it is now getting a little late for that. We always have put it in the flowerbed here and I am not sure that others would understand that concept.

On the food front, we cut one of the mangos this morning. Brian had given us carving instructions. Unfortunately it is not ripe. Sadness reigns. Is this going to be like our watermelon growing experience? First we cut into them too soon. Even after getting the advice that it is a thumb just beyond a bald head, heading out to the garden where I thumped Leroy’s head and then thumped the watermelon we still missed the sweet spot. It split and rotted before we could eat much of it. Something must have been different about Leroy’s head. Surely we will have better luck with the mangos. No bald head thumping is required, but a gentle squeeze. We are saving this cut one hoping that it ripens some even though it has been split open. Five mangos are patiently waiting for the knife.

Paula

No comments: