Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Feeling Better

Hello,

I am feeling better today. Thanks for all the supportive messages. Maybe I had a cold too as I had a mild sore throat on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Then I would cough and now my nose is running. Do you suppose that being physically ill causes depression? Or does being depressed/stressed cause illness? Somehow it would seem they can go together.

We got another fruit delivery today as part of that ongoing Christmas gift. It is mangos. Leroy and I are totally ignorant of how to approach a mango. Right now they are sitting on the kitchen counter and we look at them commenting on their beauty. We have only eaten them after someone else has peeled, or cut them or whatever happens before they appear on a plate. Ripe or not is also a mystery. We like mangos we just do not know them very well. There are six in the box so we expect to know more when we are done.

I called for a haircut today and it helped me to put my life in perspective. My stylist had a message on her machine that her son was in the hospital so she was gone today. Her son has cancer that has been mysteriously difficult to treat. I do not have to face such trauma. All I have are bumps in the road or maybe a trip to the ditch. Certainly nothing that can’t be dealt with in time.

When I “cleaned” up my email list I somehow have eliminated some people. If you know of anyone who has not heard from me in a long time, tell them to write to me. I might have deleted them accidently. So much for cleaning! Sometimes we throw out things we really mean to keep.

Paula

No comments: