Saturday, May 8, 2010

November Weather

Hello,

In spite of the temperature below 40 F. and equipped with backpacks, Leroy and I headed out to garage sales. We did return after a short distance so Leroy could get a stocking cap and I could get a scarf. But the real reason was that I had forgotten to go to the bathroom before we stepped out into the bladder contracting cold. Besides the walk would be well over two miles and control is an issue in these circumstances.

We only made two purchases. For just a quarter, I got a black purse that I think I will like. Purses are not my favorite thing, but certain situations “call for” one. My old faithful purse is perhaps 15 years old. I can trace it back ten years for sure. It helps to date things when you move a lot and you know where you were when you made the purchase. The internal fabric is starting to tear so it is not so long for this world. Will it be thrown out? Maybe in a couple months. Old friends are difficult to part with.

Leroy got some stamp collector things, albums, and stamps. Most of the stamps he already had, but some of them are in better shape. He spent the grand total of $2. Some of the stamps we could use for actually mailing a letter since they are new, but I think he should try to find a way to sell or trade them to someone else. He especially likes trading stamps. Somehow it feels like wining in two ways.

We were so happy to come home, slip into the warm house, and brew a cup of tea while Leroy spent time sighing and looking over his new treasures.

The house doors had been very carefully locked, but I noticed that I had left the keys hanging in the door of the garage so anyone could have just come right in. Is that a sign of age? Is more carelessness to come?

Paula

No comments: