Sunday, May 23, 2010

reading Slovak

Hello,

Slovak has been read in Chariton and Corydon today, but little of it was understood by anyone including me. I wished that I had practiced out loud a couple more times. I still had about three verses to go when the person reading English was finished so I just stopped at the next period. Who could accuse me of have not having gotten to the end? In Chariton others read German, French, and Spanish. In Corydon others read French and Spanish. Considering the size of these places that is a good representation.

We have been here almost too long. People will have to experience some grief at our leaving. Some have even cried when they have talked to me and we still have a month to go. I know that I am finding it difficult to think about it but it is not as heavy on my heart now as it was before. It takes a while to work through feelings.

This afternoon Leroy and I raked up some of the damp heavy grass in the backyard. It was a job requiring strength. We filled the cart twice. So there is now a nice amount of grass around the geraniums. Good bye weeds! Something has been tasting the impatiens. Apparently the red are more appealing than the white. I just hope the shortened stems can survive and thrive.

This afternoon Leroy and I packed another box of Slovak keepsakes. Since the Easter season is over now I have put away all of these things plus others making the box full. We will get this job done. Leroy is all set to finish up the basement and get it organized so we can tackle other areas.

Do robins that have left the nest hang around with mom or dad? I have noticed a robin being fed by a larger more colorful robin. They are both in the lawn moving around but only one seems to be finding any food.

Paula

No comments: