Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Blessings

Hello,

Brian sent home rhubarb so Leroy and I had a crisp. On Sunday Leroy brought home more rhubarb from someone in the congregation. I did not even look in the bag, but put it in the refrigerator since we can only eat one crisp at a time. Today when I took out the package I found a wonderful amount of asparagus in the bag as well as the rhubarb. Boy was that a treat! We managed to eat all of it in one meal.

Spring and summer are coming. Another person gave us about ten herbs that they had started in their basement. Now Leroy and I are having a discussion about whether to put them in the ground or not. Leroy says pots, I say ground. I am not sure that we want to move all of the plants that I have plus herbs too. Someone said they have some cabbage plants to give us. We should be well supplied. Leroy went out to dig up a space in the lawn, but stopped after about a three foot square had opened up. He pronounced it hard work.

A week from Saturday we are going camping with Brian and Jen. But not tent camping instead we are renting a camper cabin in a MN State park. In preparation I got out the picnic basket to sort through and clean the dishes as well as the table cloths. It was a bit of a nostalgic trip as I looked at the metal tumblers that had been in the picnic basket when I was a child. The plastic plates were also there, but a little the worse for heat. The side of one had melted and dripped on the one below, gluing them together. It was also fun to see the plastic handled flat ware that had metal parts. Some of those must have broken or gotten lost because there were only four of both the spoons and the forks while there were five knives. We have a nice supple of camping equipment. So we should get along just fine in that camper cabin.

Paula

No comments: