Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Toys and Shells

Hello,

I went to the library last Friday and realized that I could bring in Brian’s shells for display at the library. The only problem is that the display case is so large that they would not fill it. Leroy came up as I was talking and said, “I could bring my tin toys.”

Leroy’s things take up two shelves and those shells only one. There was still one more shelf so they put out some picture books about the beach. It took a bit of fussing, but we got the job done. Leroy’s trains, electric and wind up, are on one shelf, his tin toys are on another. It took some searching, but we found a nice long piece of black fabric to put behind the shells so they are comfortably on another shelf. I am quite pleased with the final product.

It was fun to see all those shells again. Brian had gotten tired of them and intended to get rid of them. I like them well enough that I keep them, but I guess not well enough to have them out as they have remained in a box until today. If you should come to Chariton I would recommend that you go to the public library and check out the great displays.

We had company for supper last night and I think amazingly enough everything went well. I should extend myself more often, but it is hard to round up confidence. One thing about success it helps you to consider more possibilities or even again. As my children say, “You are over the top in eating veggies.”

Last night one of the guests joked, “You serve so much healthy stuff I am going to have to go home and eat something bad.”

I volunteered to take some pictures of the quilts that are being sent overseas. That evolved into a status of master picture taker. I have spent a bit of enjoyable time on that. Today we sent off 19 pictures to the Church Women’s magazine. I suspect that they will only use one picture. They did say that they wanted several, but was that just so they could choose one? We will see.

Paula

No comments: