Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Piano Tuned

Hello,

The piano tuner just left. After I asked him about the cost, he told me, “That is really a nice little piano.” Do you suppose he tells that to everyone?

“My parents bought that when I was in first grade,” I responded.

His eyebrows lifted a bit as he added, “It does not look that old.” How old do you suppose I look to him?

I did not leave him in the dark very long but said, “I am 61 so I suppose that makes it 55 years.”

“It is in excellent shape for that,” he mused, “but those Wurlitzers are a nice piano.”

“So it was worth moving from Illinois?” I wondered.

“Yes,” he assured me, “it was it is in great shape.

Leroy and I are trying to find someone to come eat duck with us. We have one couple lined up and we are trying to get a hold of another. We think this is a six person duck. I want to get it out of the freezer since it takes so much room. I will go ahead even if there are only four of us. Too bad I cannot make some really fancy duck dish, but I am just going to roast it as my mother did.

Now the question is should I make dressing as she did or should I just skip that. One thing I am not so good at is getting a meal coordinated. I need a cook and a maid. We will do it on Friday evening and in the afternoon Leroy has a nursing home service twenty miles away. I am the chief piano player so that might be a problem.

Paula

No comments: