Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Duck is here

Hello,

I ran down to answer the door and there was the Ukrainian pastor’s wife. “We have duck,” I thought as I greeted her.

Sure enough she went to the car, retrieved two bags, handed them to me, and told me to enjoy.

Now I have to tell you how I got this duck. She was talking about raising duck. I told her that my father especially liked duck consequently it was always our family’s Christmas meat. I like duck, but I have to say that this duck looks much larger than the ones that my dad bought. I will have to find someone else who likes it and can help us eat it. I wish my sister and her husband were closer because I know they like it. At least it is frozen so it can rest in ice for a while.

She also gave me a bowl of homemade goat cheese. It is quite tasty, white, and creamy. I spread it on crackers. It is too bad that I am going to leave so soon because I am not sure how much Leroy will be able to eat. Then she gave us three-dozen eggs. Again I will have to eat an egg a day until I leave. But I think I should find someone else who could use some eggs to help out.

This morning Tatiana brought over a bowl full of Easter breads including some that was a poppy seed jellyroll type. I asked how she ground the poppy seed, but she did not understand what grind meant. She also included two Easter eggs that had been dyed with onionskins. They were beautiful.

Leroy and I are not going to starve in the near future. Is this God’s way of saying, “See, I take care of even the small things, giving you gifts from unexpected sources. Pressed down and running over. I will take care of all things. Trust me.”

I have much to learn and relax into the chance to be cared for.

Paula

No comments: