Sunday, April 19, 2009

Presentations

Hello,

Yesterday Leroy and I did a presentation at the area church woman’s meeting. We were filling in for someone who could not come. Does that make us important or flexible? We had known about this for some time, but failed to find a time when we could work on this together until the afternoon before. Consequently that meant we got our pictures together and agreed on some of the points that we would cover, but we did not practice or consider who was talking about what. It was ok, but I would have preferred a bit more practiced polish.

One person complimented me and added that I do very well in front of a group. I like to speak in front of groups almost better than one on one if I do not know the people. What does that say about me? I am not sure.

In church this morning, I made a small summary of a meeting that we had been to about a month ago. Then I led the Sunday school class with more details of the same meeting.

Tonight Leroy and I will present a program on our trip to Kenya. Our assignment is to talk about life in Kenya. Now that will be a little difficult because we really did not get out among the people. We can tell how our daughter lives as well as show some pictures of the locals. Lack of knowledge will not hinder us. We will have little trouble filling an hour. In fact we are working hard to cut down the number of pictures. All 300 are terrific, but we are confining ourselves to 60-70. Again we will have little time to practice. Leroy did not get home until 1:00 p.m. Lunch seemed necessary and now he is taking a nap. Later we hope to do another presentation in which we can fill in some of the other tourist places we visited.

I normally do not wash clothes on Sunday because I try not to do work that I could do on another day. Today however, I washed a dark and a light load of clothes. I apologize to you and God for no day of rest and contemplation. I get on the bus to MN tomorrow morning and I am do not want to feel rushed and panicked in the morning. Hopefully that will mean a restful sleep tonight. I sacrifice principles for personal comfort.
I am mostly packed, but there are always those last minutes things such as toothbrush and makeup.

Paula

No comments: