Saturday, April 11, 2009

Crazy Saturday Morning

Hello,

If Leroy would not read this I might record this a little differently. Audience does make a difference.

Leroy has been feeling a bit down the past few days. This morning he talked about those things. He does not have a future job lined up yet. That is a big one. Nothing seems to work out for us or for the congregation here. He would like to go back overseas and I don’t want to do that. I want to be closer to our children, grandchildren, houseplants, a garden, and some of the things in our house that I have enjoyed having around me.

I had agreed to make some bread for the youth group fundraiser. The first loaf was due at noon today. It is cinnamon raisin bread. Before I started the bread I put a load of clothes in the washer. As I was making it I heard that the machine was banging in the spin cycle. I raced down to get it sorted out, but could not seem to find the right layout, but it would be okay if I held it in place. Leroy was upstairs reading the paper. I wanted to get back to my bread making. He told me when I later questioned him about coming down, “That is a one person job and I did not think you needed me.”

“I agree that it is one person job, but I wanted to leave.” I asserted.

When I finally did get back up to the bread I was so angry that I was careless and the dough climbed the beaters even getting up into the machine. Now I was truly upset since I like this mixer and I do not like the idea of foreign objects gumming up the works. I took more precious minutes getting most of the dough out. Finally I got the dough done, but it was going to be late. I like to be on time.

Leroy noted my concern with, “Well you will just have to call and tell her it will come late.” Sure, but I hate doing that because of the sense of responsibility and besides I do not like to use the phone.

I mostly hang clothes out. Leroy’s clergy shirts contribute to America’s use of too much of the world’s energy and go in the dryer because it helps to get off any specks of lint and they do not need to be ironed. Leroy, trying to help out, put them in the dryer along with the napkins that I was going to wrap around the bread. Unfortunately he did not put in a dryer sheet that meant some pressing required and some lint removal by Paula’s irritated hand.

On the positive side we did go to a garage sale and I bought two skirts and two tops that I am pleased to get for $1.25. The skirts especially are just what I was looking for. I got rid of a skirt and two tops from my closet so I did not add too much.

Also a positive we had a nice talk with Sarah and Lexi. The sound and picture were so much better than it was last week.

I guess the bread was good, but I used oil instead of margarine or butter. It is so hard from me to use so much of those items as well as a lot of sugar. When delivered, warm cinnamon scent wafted in the air.

Paula

No comments: