Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Singing Toys

Hello,

Raising children is certainly more spontaneous these days. It seems that every toy I touch will sing to me. I must listen to it to the end as many can not be turned off. Picking them up and searching for the off button just encourages going to new heights of grandeur. Is silence bad for babies and toddlers? My children suffered in silence.

Why go back to Kenya so soon? Son-in-law, Stephen has come back to the US to look for a job. Sarah’s job will end on May 5th. May 6th Sarah, Alexandria, and I will get on a plane to come back to the US. Traveling with a 20 month old is challenging especially when the travel time is greater than 21 hours. I am making this trip so I can be entertaining, watching, and holding help.

Leaving today at 3:00 is not making me nervous because I have been on this very same flight before. Also, I have had time to visit with Brian, Jen, and Sophia again this morning. Hugs are rampant. Including one that caused Sophia and I to bump heads hard enough to push my glasses into my face leaving a bruise behind. At least Leroy is not around so no one can suspect that he is beating me.

I am pleased to take a suitcase for Sarah to use. With the loaded carry-on in there a tote bag is all that I require on the plane. That means that if my luggage does not make it I will borrow clothes from Sarah. It is nice to have a similar sized person at the destination who will share clothes. Unfortunately her feet are much smaller than mine. This morning when I put on make-up I found that I did not bring any blush. Maybe I will just have to work on blushing.

Paula

No comments: