Monday, April 20, 2009

Kenya Here I come

Hello,

Last night Leroy and I did a talk on Kenya. We really showed a lot more slides than I intended, but it was too hard to stop. I think we need a time keeper to maintain control. It is hard to wrap my mind around the concept that I will soon be back in Kenya.

I am on the road again. Tonight, in Minnesota, I am enjoying hugging, chasing, tickling, and giggling with Sophia. Leroy is jealous, jealous. Tomorrow I will see her briefly before I fly out.

I thought I did a great job packing but realized when I was on bus that I have neither a comb nor a brush with me. Will I look good enough to be let on the plane? Brian and Jen tell me they can help otherwise I must go buy such. I also did not get any apples in my lunch and I missed them. But if that is all that I forgot life will be good.

The bus was quite full when I got on, but I found a seat with a woman who was traveling beyond Fargo (Is that the end of the earth or what?) and she had come from Kansas City. She talked about her seven children scattered in many parts of the country and world. Instead of seeing that as a liability she saw that as an asset that created opportunities to travel and generated memories to cherish. I need to adjust my thinking.

Paula

No comments: