Thursday, February 22, 2024

Trash Picked up

Hello, For the first time this year I picked up trash around our block. It seemed harder than it had in the past. Perhaps because there were not so many big things, but lots of small. I generally pick up cigarette pieces however, there were so many that it became overwhelming. I am not fond of smokers and they are going lower, but I suppose not all think it is ok to just throw those butts anywhere. It was warm and I was too warmly dressed with a light jacket. It could have come off, but then it would have to be carried. It came to mind that one of the last times last year a hundred-dollar bill was in the dirt. No such exciting finds today. Once in a while there is a good useable tool. It was just a lot of squatting and getting back up only to do it again and again. Sometimes rules were broken and I did bend over more than squat. At least it all looks better than when I started. Paula

No comments: