Friday, February 16, 2024

Podiatrist

Hello, Going back to the podiatrist was both a relief and a little bit touchy. I had waited a long time so my fungus nails had become thicker and tougher. At least they have a tougher tool for clipping and then an electric gizmo for filing and smoothing it off. Leroy looked at my feet this morning and could see where the skin had been nicked a little. So happy that I did not jerk much so they did not get more skin. Before I could take some oral medicine, I had to have blood drawn and examined. Luckily the lab was just two blocks away so I could walk there too. It is so nice to live in an area that is small enough that I can walk to the doctor, lab and pharmacy. At the lab, she applied the tourniquet, stuck the needle in, and soon said, “What is happening here?” I do not look at needles stuck into me so I had no clue. She then said, “I’m sorry!” After some shuffling noise, and pressure on my arm the needle was pulled out. “This needle fell apart. I am not sure we got enough blood. Just wait right here.” she said before heading off to the phlebotomist. The metal needle would not fall apart, would it? I suspect it was the plastic holding it in place. “It was enough blood, you are good to go.” she announced on her return. I was happy to head home. Paula

No comments: