Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Is it Spring?

Hello, It keeps getting warmer and warmer. People are talking spring, but usually that does not come until April. I took a nice walk yesterday and again today. It was necessary for me to have on a jacket. The college kids in the area do not feel the need of more than a sweatshirt. There are green plants here and there. We do not have any flowers blooming yet, but I still look, just in case. Leaf buds on the trees are quite visible. Some big snow piles have a little more shrinking to do. I even saw a little snow in a shady spot. I had a book on hold at the Ely Library as well as the Cedar Rapids library. Course I picked up both of them today. If I had thought ahead, I could have gotten the Cedar Rapids book before the library closed on Sunday. With Presidents’ Day Monday, they were not open. I went a day without starting either book. I am reading one that I will put in the little free library when I am finished. Someday e-books might appeal, but not yet. A day without a book is like a day without sunshine, dull, dull, dull. Paula

No comments: