Thursday, February 8, 2024

First Port on the Cruise

Hello, We started in San Diego and went down the coast to Panama. The first port was Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. The tour was not so informative as the guide talked mostly about the Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton who had filmed something there. At least I was old enough to know who they were. The other topic was tequila, both making and selling. She kept talking about us getting drunk which is not my idea of a good time. our value to them in being there was to purchase something to take back with us. Tourists are a big part of the economy. I did hold an iguana that was warm, docile, had reptile skin, and was a bit heavy. Until I looked at the picture, I had forgotten how large it was. Only after I held it did I realize that the owner wanted a tip. We supplied that, and I consider it money well spent. I was thinking of just touching it, but it was thrust into my hands almost immediately and the small one was put on my head. I thought the small one looked like a toy. It is good thing I did not shake my head and knock it off.
I sincerely hoped the next ports would have more of interest to me/us. The tour guide had a strong accent, but not too hard to figure out what was being said. I would like to have more language knowledge. One person did fall getting off the bus. People were quick to help her. Luckly she was not hurt in this fall, but a bit sore and bruised. Paula

No comments: