Tuesday, February 27, 2024

The Good Old Days

Hello, Some parts of the “good old days” would be nice. That was when I could go to the grocery store and bring home everything I had on my list, even without looking at my list. Today, I forgot my list, forgetting one important thing. Those were the days when almost no one would be able to pass me on the walking trail. It was easy walking too. Now to keep ahead of others, much effort is required. When I read a book I remembered the author, perhaps the author’s middle name, the title and main theme of the book. Now I am feeling pleased if I remember that I read it. Often it is a case of this seems familiar, but did I read it? Names were not especially my strong suit, but now it is more a case of, who is this person? Do I know them and how? Leroy and I switch places at the table each meal. This is to exercise our memory and strengthen it. Mostly it does work, but sometimes we have to discuss the possibilities. Usually, it comes down to what we were eating at the last meal. Paula

No comments: