Thursday, February 15, 2024

Cruise Traveling

Hello, Our cruise traveling has basically been moving reunions with seminary friends. There were seven days at sea on this cruise. I wondered how we would manage on those days. They flew by. We visited, ate, laughed, played games, read books, went to entertainment features, did tai chi, walked the promenade deck where three and a half laps equaled a mile, one of us participated in a table tennis tournament, and took naps. The other two couples had purchased the Wi-Fi. Leroy and I thought we could live 15 days without it. The hardest part was not knowing how to get ahold of the other couples when not by our stateroom phone. They had only purchased one Wi-Fi plan per couple, so they could not contact the other part of the couple. When I talked with Sarah, she told me, the app from the cruise company had a free chat possibility on it so you could contact each other. Why didn’t we know that? Are we too old and they are young or did we just not listen to some instructions? If we go with this company again, we will know the score unless it changes. Going back to the present and Valentine’s Day, Leroy gave me an orchid. I have never had one before. I will hope it survives and thrives. If not, the blooms will lift my spirits while they are here. I have two violets blooming as well as one pink thanksgiving cactus. The white cactus is putting on some buds, but it will be a while before they bloom. The amaryllis was planted after we came home. It is starting to send up a bud shoot. These winter blooms add color and beauty to the days.
Paula

No comments: