Sunday, February 27, 2022

Heater Work!!!

Hello, On a sunny, but cool 20-degree day we headed home. We were almost out of the city when I said, “The heat should be there now, I am getting a bit cool. Please try the heater.” This car does not have auto temp and I do not like to have the cold air blasting me before the heat comes up. I also like to drive without a coat on. I did have on a hat, gloves, and a warm scarf. Leroy commented, “The heater is not working. The fan is not blowing.” He tried turning it off and on again. No luck. Course then we both started to feel colder. Leroy grabbed his coat from the back and slipped one arm inside. He did not want to unbuckle with the fast traffic so he wrapped it around himself. “When we get out of the city, would you get my coat and stick it carefully between me and the door.” I asked or commanded. It felt a little better when that was done. The temperature, according to the car thermometer had inched up to 21 degrees only to go back to 19 degrees F. The sun coming in the window was a welcome help. Our upper bodies were almost ok. Our feet, however were another issue. I was happy that I had cruise control so I could, from time to time stamp my feet to try to warm them up. Leroy looked in the car manual to learn that there were two fuses. He was hoping that was the issue and that he would be able to replace them if we were to go to some place that might sell them. About an hour and a half later we stopped at a truck stop. We needed fuel and we both needed to go to the restroom and spend some time inside just warming up. Leroy got gas, turned the car back on and moved it closer to the building. Miracle of miracle the heater now worked. What a blessing. We turned it on high with all of the force aimed at our feet. Sometimes we forget to be grateful for all the luxuries in our lives. The rest of trip was without incident. I did remember as we got home that this car has heated seats, but neither of us thought to access that heat. Guess that was so I could relate how miserable we both were, but how grateful when it worked. Paula

No comments: