Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Covid Test Anyone?

Hello, Someone that I was with on Thursday called to tell me that she had tested positive for Covid. She had planned to have some medical work done. The test was given on Friday and she had just received the result. She had no symptoms so she was quite surprised. I did Tai Chi over the internet this morning so that was not a problem. After that I started the search for the rapid test. I also have no symptoms. My boss told me that when they needed a rapid test, she started calling all locations of a national pharmacy in Cedar Rapids. I tried calling, but all I manage to get was an automation, but it stated that the unit closest to our home had the tests. I hopped in the car and went in with the 95 mask in place. The woman I spoke with could not believe that it said they had those tests. “We have not had those for a long time now. We have no covid tests, but we do have the masks. And they are over there. I guess over there is not very clear,” she said as she led me to the bin. They were in plastic bags with instructions to take only one bag per customer. The bag had seven masks in it. I was happy to get those, but not so happy to not have the test. On the way home, since it was 38 degrees F. I stopped to get the car washed. It is so nice to see out the windows more clearly and to have the backup camera clean. I, again, looked for a phone number for another national pharmacy. After listening to and pushing buttons as instructed by another automated speaker, I learned that they do not provide information over the phone as to where there might be tests. I just headed off to the store and did not stop to ask anyone in the front area, but went to the pharmacy counter. There I learned that they did have tests to sell, how many did I want. I took one box of two tests, drove carefully home avoiding puddles, read instructions two times, followed instructions, and learned in fifteen minutes that I was negative. I know that these are not as reliable, but I plan to spent most of the next three days at home. Hopefully I will not be exposing any vulnerable people. Paula

No comments: