Sunday, February 6, 2022

Mail Days

Hello, The mail came today. I had two letters to mail, but did not know today, Sunday, would be a mail delivery day. We will have to make a trip to a blue box on the street or even go to the post office. These days we get mail about every three days, but we cannot be sure. Daily mail was something we took for granted, but not anymore. We are grateful when it gets here. Leroy got two birthday cards today, his birthday was Thursday. The cards might have been mailed with days to spare in “normal” times. Even at work, Leroy tells that sometimes it only happens every other day. We do not want to take it to his work for an alternative delivery place. I learned that in Ely the mail delivery is daily, but it seems silly to me to mail my letters there as they are brough back to Cedar Rapids and sent out to the world from here. There have been days when the mail has come at 9:00 at night. One mail carrier told me they are working many hours. I just hope they stay well. Sometimes they come late into a neighborhood and cover a route with three or four people so it gets done faster. They also have separate trucks that deliver packages. Paula

No comments: