Thursday, February 17, 2022

Working, Thinking Retirement

Hello, I have said I would retire after my birthday next winter. It must be the right decision as I am starting to look forward to that time. It will be nice to stay home instead of thinking of driving in snow and ice. I am still grappling with the idea that I might still do yoga and tai chi as a library volunteer. Just now I realize that I would need to have a key to the meeting room. There was a light mix of snow and rain last night coming down as I was driving home. At that point it was not really an issue. This morning I found it more noticeable as there seemed to be a frozen coating on the less used roads. This morning, a car was parked in the alley at the end I usually use. I had to use the other direction and chose a smaller street to get on the thoroughfare. At the stop sign the car slipped a bit which put me on alert. Surely just driving in town to an appointment would be so much easier. Leroy told me he is going to going back to work for some time on Friday and Monday, days when we usually have off together. Although I will also be working in the morning on Monday. I like some alone time and it is not so easy to find in the apartment. Certainly, that will be an adjustment when we both retire. Can we/I handle all that together time? It seems we have managed for a bit over 50 years so we will probably figure it out. One of the violets is blooming well and the other seems to need to be repotted. I like to repot outside so that will happen sometime in the future. Our amaryllis, that is from last year is now blooming beautifully. The pink cactus has six buds on it. One of those seed pods is still on. I must pick it because the other two pods disappeared. The white cactus has only three buds, but I am happy to see those when they bloom. Paula

No comments: