Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Random Act of Kindness

Hello, On the radio they were talking about the benefits of random acts of kindness. There were positive outcomes. I resolved that I will try to focus on doing one a day or even more. I am not planning to do big things, but small things. For instance, this morning I went to the Hy-Vee store close to me and saw a gold cab on the unloading truck. I know that this driver has driven 1,000,000 safe, accident free, miles for the company. I decided I should complement him for that. I got done with my tasks and looked in the back to see if he were around, “Shoot, the door was closed,” but I talked to a store worker about that. He seemed never to have heard of such a thing as a gold cab on the delivery trucks. As I went out the door, I noticed the truck was still there, the driver pulled away from the unloading door and walked back to shut the rig’s doors. I walked fast and waved to him when I got close, “I noticed your gold cab, thank you for safe driving for the million miles.” His face broke into a big grin. We chatted a bit more and I learned that he was from Chariton. “Are you going for the black, two million mile cab? I wondered. “Maybe, but you never know what is going to happen,” he reflected. I wished him luck, congratulated him once more, wished him a good day and went on my way home, happy to have elicited a genuine smile from a stranger. Paula

No comments: