Sunday, January 30, 2022

Mysteries of life

Hello, On the walk home from church we walked through the campus that is close to our home. We often do this because their sidewalks have generally been well cleared of snow. It was good today as are most of the sidewalks that we use. Today a squirrel came toward us. Leroy marched right on by until I said something about the squirrel. He commented that the animal wanted to check us out. I stood very still while the squirrel came closer and closer. It came to me, sniffed my boot toe, looked at me, and then scampered off. “Wow” I said. “Maybe it wanted to see if you were food and realized it was a no,” Leroy laughed. Another mystery. Why is it so hard to use the toilet when dressed in longer clothes. I had on a sweater that hung below my bottom, so it needed to be raised then there was the open belt on my long coat that had to be hitched up along with an extra-long scarf. It seems I need a servant to manage all of this paraphernalia. I know I could have just taken off the coat which would have given me a little more freedom, but I did not want to do that. Why do I not want to do tasks the easy way even if it seems it will take more time? Paula

No comments: